- Convened two-day Chesapeake Tree Canopy Summit 2.0 in Linthicum, Md. with stakeholders from around the watershed, focused on public health, equity, stormwater, financing and ordinances.
- Completed Financing Urban Tree Canopy Programs: Guidebook for Local Governments in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed with the Environmental Finance Center of the University of Maryland and the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.
- Received a U.S. Forest Service grant to develop tree stewards training programs in Maryland and Delaware and support existing programs in Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- Worked with Center for Watershed Protection to complete Making Your Community Forest-Friendly: A Worksheet for Review of Municipal Codes and Ordinances.
- Collaborated with partners on Trees for All: Chesapeake Regional Environmental Justice Workshop.
- Released the first high resolution land use/land cover data set for the watershed, providing Bay-wide tree canopy data.
- Maintained and expanded the Chesapeake Tree Canopy Network as a hub for information and communities’ stories to aid practitioners across the region.
- Worked with federal, state and local program managers to integrate urban tree canopy and riparian forest buffer targets into the implementation of stormwater programs related to Total Maximum Daily Load, Watershed Implementation Plan and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System regulations.