Your personal information is used only for its expressed purposes. We will not give, share, sell, rent or transfer your personal information to an outside party.
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through this website, read webpages or download information, our website’s operating system will automatically record some non-personal information about your visit.
- If you voluntarily submit personal information through a form on our website or if you send us an email, we will use that information only for its expressed purpose.
Non-personal Information We Record
During your visit, our website’s operating system will record:
- The domain for your internet service (such as xcompany.com, if you use a private internet access account, or yourschool.edu, if you connect from a college or university) and IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access our website
- The type and version of browser that you use (such as Firefox 13.0 or Chrome 107) and the type of operating system you use (such as Macintosh or Windows)
- The date and time of your visit
- The webpages you visit
- The address of the previous website you visited, if you arrived at our website from another website
We use this information for statistical analyses that help make our site more useful to visitors. This information does not record personal information about individuals and will only be used internally.
Information Collected from Interactive Forms
On some of our webpages, we offer interactive forms that allow you to voluntarily submit personal information like your name or email address. In these cases, all submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party.
Information from Email You Send to Us
If you decide to send us an electronic mail message (or email), the message will usually contain your return email address. If you include personally identifying information in your email, we may use that information in responding to your request. We do not distribute lists of email addresses to any parties outside of the Chesapeake Bay Program.
On certain webpages, we use “cookies” to help you use dynamic, interactive features of our website. A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk, usually to keep track of you while you are connected to that site.
The cookies on ChesapeakeProgress do not collect personal information about you, but they do collect information about your browser “session.” The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of these webpages without having to provide the same information again as you move from one page to another.
Links to Other Sites
Our website includes many links to Chesapeake Bay Program partner sites, as well as other websites we find interesting or relevant. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to any external sites we reference. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information. Except as required by law, we do not share our email with any outside organizations.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact us.