- Building the capacity of local elected officials to implement watershed protection and restoration activities.
- Developing and implementing a strategic approach to support ongoing work with existing regional and state training programs.
- Expanding the reach of successful training programs.
- Working through existing peer to peer networks as opportunities arise to disseminate information on priority topics.
- Promoting expanded peer to peer networks and using regional collaboratives to enhance and grow peer to peer networks.
- Establishing an outreach program for U.S. Department of Defense Chesapeake Bay installation leadership.
July – December 2016
- Through focus groups, interviews and discussions with local elected officials and staff leads, identifying and prioritizing key information, knowledge and content needs, as well as information sources, to help local elected officials implement the outcomes of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement while meeting local resource priorities and goals.
January – June 2017
- Developing and implementing an approach that would determine the baseline and monitor change in the knowledge and capacity of local elected officials to implement watershed protection and restoration activities.
- Inventorying and assessing formal and informal peer to peer approaches to transferring knowledge related to priority topics to and among local elected officials both inside and outside the watershed.
- Inventorying, assessing and developing a gap analysis of existing methods and approaches for transferring information to local elected officials (including web and other electronic tools).
- Delivering information through existing and new or enhanced mechanisms.
Logic & Action Plan
Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to taking a series of specific actions to support the management approaches guiding this outcome. These actions directly address the factors that could impact our progress. More information about performance targets and participating partners can be found in the complete Logic & Action Plan (PDF).