Climate Adaptation Outcome:Logic & Action Plan
Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to taking a series of specific actions to support the management approaches guiding this outcome. These actions directly address the factors that could impact our progress. More information about performance targets and participating partners can be found in the complete Logic & Action Plan.Download Logic & Action Plan (.pdf)
- Facilitating climate adaptation planning and guiding project implementation.
- Exploring mechanisms that would encourage the integration of climate change considerations into the design and implementation of on-the-ground environmental protection and restoration efforts.
- Identifying funding availability, needs and mechanisms.
- Identifying and assessing institutional barriers.
- Planning and implementing targeted environmental restoration and protection efforts in order to build community and ecosystem resilience within the watershed.
- Pursuing the implementation of “pilot projects” that would test new and emerging design principles and implementation methodologies.
- Sharing current efforts (including policy, tools, products and scientific understanding) with interested parties.
- Testing and developing new, audience-specific communication tools to ensure climate information is accessible and understandable across multiple audiences and communities.
- Undertaking targeted efforts to engage diverse stakeholders.
January – June 2016
- Working with the Diversity Action Team to identify and pursue opportunities to create a strong linkage between the Climate Resiliency and Diversity management strategies.
July – December 2016
- Compiling and assessing lessons learned from past and ongoing climate adaptation planning and programmatic efforts within the watershed.
July to December 2017
- Developing a process to revise or reconsider management strategies that support the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement in order to accommodate climate-related changes or impacts.
- Increasing opportunities for formal and informal communications and idea exchange among the watershed’s “adaptation planning network.”
- Developing informational products that can be used to inform community-led coastal resiliency planning.
- Assessing progress toward the full integration of climate resiliency considerations into the Chesapeake Bay Program.
- Investigating climate resiliency indicators that would assess the effectiveness of and ecological response to climate adaptation actions.