- Facilitating climate adaptation planning and guiding project implementation.
- Exploring mechanisms that would encourage the integration of climate change considerations into the design and implementation of on-the-ground environmental protection and restoration efforts.
- Identifying funding availability, needs and mechanisms.
- Identifying and assessing institutional barriers.
- Planning and implementing targeted environmental restoration and protection efforts in order to build community and ecosystem resilience within the watershed.
- Pursuing the implementation of “pilot projects” that would test new and emerging design principles and implementation methodologies.
- Sharing current efforts (including policy, tools, products and scientific understanding) with interested parties.
- Testing and developing new, audience-specific communication tools to ensure climate information is accessible and understandable across multiple audiences and communities.
- Undertaking targeted efforts to engage diverse stakeholders.
January – June 2016
- Working with the Diversity Action Team to identify and pursue opportunities to create a strong linkage between the Climate Resiliency and Diversity management strategies.
July – December 2016
- Compiling and assessing lessons learned from past and ongoing climate adaptation planning and programmatic efforts within the watershed.
July to December 2017
- Developing a process to revise or reconsider management strategies that support the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement in order to accommodate climate-related changes or impacts.
- Increasing opportunities for formal and informal communications and idea exchange among the watershed’s “adaptation planning network.”
- Developing informational products that can be used to inform community-led coastal resiliency planning.
- Assessing progress toward the full integration of climate resiliency considerations into the Chesapeake Bay Program.
- Investigating climate resiliency indicators that would assess the effectiveness of and ecological response to climate adaptation actions.