- Leading Best Management Practice (BMP) Verification.
- Supporting continued BMP implementation, tracking and reporting across all source sectors.
- Upgrading and enhancing wastewater treatment plants and septic systems.
- Guiding the development of jurisdictions’ trading and offset programs.
- Providing permit and enforcement oversight across all sectors.
- Improving temporal and regional patterns in water quality criteria attainment in tidal and non-tidal waters.
- Coordinating the Chesapeake Bay Program Non-tidal Water Quality Monitoring Network.
- Addressing gaps in monitoring programs.
- Developing and applying new approaches for quantifying and explaining water quality trends in tidal waters.
- Explaining the drivers of water quality trends in the watershed.
- Communicate the factors affecting trends and better understand response to management practices
- Contribute to better understanding of co-benefits of water-quality restoration to selected habitats and living resources.