- Checked data for quality assurance purposes and integrated it into the Chesapeake Environmental Data Repository (CEDR).
- Calculated Chessie BIBI scores and ratings for the second interval (2012-2017).
- Produced a Chessie BIBI file package with R-scripts, documentation, spreadsheets and shapefiles.
- Attended the work group meetings and STAC workshops of other relevant work groups and goal teams.
- Issued a data call to collect 2012-2017 raw macroinvertebrate counts.
- Participated in Urban Stormwater Workgroup’s efforts to review and provide input on recommendations to verify stream restoration projects according to the adopted CBP protocols.
- Updated and refined the Chesapeake Basin-wide Index of Biotic Integrity (Chessie BIBI).
- Established a 2008 baseline for stream health and an approach for determining future trends.
- Formed a Stream Restoration Permit Committee to bring regulators, practitioners and the regulated community together to explore streamlining the review process for stream restoration project permits.
- As recommended by the Chesapeake Bay Program’s Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee, established a workgroup to develop guidance for aligning stream restoration best management practice protocols with approaches to optimize improvements in stream function and health.
- Provided recommendations for water quality impairments associated with a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) to address additional environmental stressors and achieve co-benefits.
- Convened a workshop to establish a baseline against which to measure progress toward this outcome (2006 to 2011) and the family-level bioregion version of the Chesapeake Basin-wide Index of Biotic Integrity.