- Meeting with riparian forest buffer leaders throughout the watershed to develop a strategy to boost enrollment in riparian forest buffer programs.
- Increasing the effectiveness of landowner education on riparian forest buffer establishment and maintenance.
- Improving outreach related to riparian forest buffers.
- Expand awareness of reduced mowing, riparian forest buffer and tree planting programs among non-agricultural landowners (e.g., federal or public land managers, schools, golf courses).
- Improving tracking and reporting of riparian forest buffer implementation.
- Developing Natural Filters restoration-type programs with innovative financing and comprehensive services (e.g., planning, planting and maintenance).
- Working on policies to maintain and increase riparian forest buffers on landscape.
- Increasing demand for riparian forest buffers on all lands by leveraging relevant, complementary programs.
- Improving training and support networks for technical assistance providers.
- Developing communication and outreach plans for riparian forest buffers, tree canopy, land use change products, and Natural Filters Restoration Program.
- Forming riparian forest buffers coordinating body and advisors in each state where goals are regularly not being met.
- Developing high-level Action Strategies in each jurisdiction to help focus and coordinate riparian forest buffers efforts.
- Improving riparian forest buffers verification by working with states on reporting.