- Leading Best Management Practice (BMP) Verification.
- Supporting continued BMP implementation, tracking and reporting across all source sectors.
- Upgrading and enhancing wastewater treatment plants and septic systems.
- Guiding the development of jurisdictions’ trading and offset programs.
- Providing permit and enforcement oversight across all sectors.
- Improving temporal and regional patterns in water quality criteria attainment in tidal and non-tidal waters.
- Coordinating the Chesapeake Bay Program Non-tidal Water Quality Monitoring Network.
- Addressing gaps in monitoring programs.
- Developing and applying new approaches for quantifying and explaining water quality trends in tidal waters.
- Explaining the drivers of water quality trends in the watershed.
Two-Year Work Plan
Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to taking specific actions over the course of 2016 and 2017 to achieve the high-level approaches identified in the management strategy for the 2017 and 2025 Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs) outcome. These actions are listed below. More information about performance targets, participating entities and influential factors can be found in the full work plan.