- In 2017, the Sustainable Fisheries Goal Implementation Team (GIT) approved the selection of the Great Wicomico and Lower York rivers as the fourth and fifth tributaries chosen for oyster reef restoration. The Virginia Interagency Oyster Team recommended these tributaries to the Sustainable Fisheries GIT, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers previously identified both rivers as among the most suitable in the Chesapeake Bay for large-scale oyster restoration.
- Plan, implement and monitor oyster reef restoration in select Maryland tributaries.
- Plan implement and monitor oyster reef restoration in select Virginia tributaries.
- Coordinate and communicate restoration decisions, planning and progress.
- Complete oyster research and share research results.
Two-Year Work Plan
Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to taking a series of specific actions to support the management approaches guiding this outcome. These actions directly address the factors that could impact our progress. More information about performance targets and participating partners can be found in the complete work plan.