- Restoring and monitoring restoration efforts in the six currently selected Maryland and Virginia tributaries.
- Tracking oyster restoration efforts in other locations in the region.
- Collecting data to quantify ecosystem services on restored reefs.
- Meeting with funding agencies and organizations to maximize available financial resources.
- Exploring the availability and suitability of alternative substrates.
- Considering the concerns of shell budget and hatchery capacity and how to address future issues.
- Implementing and assessing the effectiveness of enforcement plans to address poaching.
- Informing and obtaining feedback from stakeholders near selected or candidate tributaries.
- Working collaboratively to promote efficient, streamlined permitting processes.
January - June 2017
- Selecting additional tributaries in Maryland and/or Virginia for restoration.
Two-Year Work Plan
Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to taking specific actions over the course of 2016 and 2017 to achieve the high-level approaches identified in the management strategy for the Oyster outcome. These actions are listed below. More information about performance targets, participating entities and influential factors can be found in the full work plan.